1 Protecting Privacy
2 Accessing EFC Online
“EFC Online” refers to the Edwardstown Football Club website with its top-level domain located at www.edwardstownfc.com.au, all related sub-domains and any other EFC website (including EFC Club websites) which provides an EFC and EFC Club product, EFC and EFC Club service or EFC-related product or service. You need not disclose your identity to the EFC or EFC Club in order to visit EFC Online, except where personal information is voluntarily supplied, however the EFC or EFC Club internet server may automatically record details about any computer used to access the website (such as the IP address, domain name and browser type), the date and time of access, and details of the information downloaded. This information is used for internal statistical purposes and to improve EFC Online.
This policy describes the way the EFC and EFC Clubs collect, hold and disclose personal information. Personal information is information that identifies you or could identify you. The EFC and EFC Clubs are subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), including the National Privacy Principles. The EFC may vary this policy from time to time, by posting an updated policy accessible via EFC Online. Protecting confidential information is fundamental to the EFC’s and EFC Clubs’ relationship with EFC supporters, employees and players. All information received in connection with an EFC or EFC Club product or service, or in the conduct of the EFC’s or EFC Clubs’ business, is therefore treated seriously, having regard to the EFC’s and the EFC Clubs’ legal obligations.
4 Information Collected
Generally, the EFC and the EFC Clubs collect personal information directly from your use of the EFC’s website or EFC Online and any registration you make to receive information, including via email. The personal information which the EFC and EFC Clubs collect includes:
- your name, address, email address, gender, occupation, contact information and your favourite EFC Club;
- information about dealings with us and EFC Clubs, including membership history, subscriptions for EFC services;
- your EFC game attendance history where you purchase a ticket or use your EFC or EFC Club membership to obtain entry into a venue;
- your IP address and geolocation; and
- information derived from the use of “cookies”.
In addition, you may also provide to us and we may collect additional information, such as:
- your credit card information; and
- details of the items ordered or purchased from us. (collectively, personal information)
If you do not give personal information to the EFC and EFC Clubs, it may affect the ability of the EFC and EFC Clubs to provide you with products and/or services.
5 Information from Third Parties
During the course of business, the EFC and EFC Clubs may also collect personal information that is given to them by a third party (for example, a corporate partner of the EFC or EFC Clubs or information that is on a publicly maintained record). This information forms part of the personal information. The EFC and EFC Clubs will not intentionally solicit personal information that is unintentionally disclosed.
6 Storage of Personal Information
Wherever reasonably practicable, the EFC and EFC Clubs will store personal information on data servers that are owned and controlled by the EFC and EFC Clubs and are located within the geographical borders of Australia. However, by providing the EFC and EFC Clubs with personal information you consent to your information being stored and processed on a data server that is owned by a third party that may be located outside Australia.
7 Use & Disclosure of Personal Information
The EFC collects and discloses your personal information for purposes including, without limitation:
- to verify your identity;
- to improve EFC Online;
- to provide, and to assist EFC Clubs with providing products and services to you, to manage and account for the products and services, and to improve the products and services;
- to manage EFC and EFC Club’s relationship(s) with you;
- to provide you with information about events, products and/or services that may interest you;
- to facilitate the internal business operations of the EFC and the EFC’s Clubs;
- to promote and market EFC events, products or services; and
- to enable corporate partners and sponsors of the EFC, including EFC Clubs and the EFC’s digital rights partner, as well as their related bodies corporate, to market and promote their products and services to you.
- to our third party service providers in connection with any of the above.
The EFC and EFC Clubs may also disclose personal information where it is otherwise permitted to do so by law.
8 Information Security
The EFC and EFC Clubs will take reasonable steps to protect all personal information within their direct control from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The EFC and EFC Clubs will take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form in access controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords.
9 Access & Correction
An individual may request access at any time to personal information held by the EFC and EFC Clubs by contacting the EFC’s privacy compliance officer. You will be required to provide proof of identity in order to obtain access to your personal information. The EFC may charge a fee where access is provided. The EFC may refuse to provide access if permitted to do so by law. The EFC aims to provide access to your personal information within 30 days of a valid request.
10 No Liability
To the maximum extent permissible by law, the EFC and EFC Clubs expressly disclaim any liability for a breach of this policy. By providing the EFC and EFC Clubs with personal information, an individual acknowledges that any damage caused to that individual or any other individual by the disclosure of that information shall be limited to the amount recoverable under applicable legislation and otherwise not be recoverable from the EFC and EFC Clubs or any of their related bodies.
11 How to contact us
For further information or enquiries regarding your personal information, please contact the EFC’s Privacy Compliance Officer at Email Privacy Compliance Officer.
12 Privacy complaints
Please direct all privacy complaints to the EFC’s Privacy Officer. At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly;
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and the EFC.
The EFC’s Privacy Officer will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following completion of the investigation.
13 EFC Clubs
For the purpose of this policy, “EFC Clubs” means each of the following:
- Edwardstown Football Club Inc. Incorporated ACN 47 384 915 519